In 2011, sword group joined the united nations global compact, thereby undertaking to comply with the ten principles related to human rights and the workplace, the environment and corruption.
Through this membership, the company is keen to show that it is a socially responsible company in a global economy. We chose global compact since it guarantees both an internationally recognised framework and sustainability.
Commitment: Sword Group hence ensures that it complies with the ten principles laid down by the United Nations Global Compact.
Universal Declaration of Human Rights:
- Principle 1: Businesses should support and respect the protection of internationally proclaimed human rights;
- Principle 2: and make sure that they are not complicit in human rights abuses.
ILO Declaration on Fundamental Principles and Rights at Work:
- Principle 3: Businesses should uphold the freedom of association and the effective recognition of the right to collective bargaining;
- Principle 4: The elimination of all forms of forced and compulsory labour;
- Principle 5: The effective abolition of child labour;
- Principle 6: The elimination of discrimination in respect of employment and occupation.
Rio Declaration on Environment and Development:
- Principle 7: Businesses should support a precautionary approach to environmental challenges;
- Principle 8: Undertake initiatives to promote greater environmental responsibility;
- Principle 9: Encourage the development and diffusion of environmentally friendly technologies.
United Nations Convention against Corruption:
- Principle 10: Businesses should work against corruption in all its forms, including extortion and bribery.